Sunday, November 30, 2008

O.R 12

Over Thanksgiving break, I went down to Iowa ( where EVERYONE goes to party) and continued reading Twilight. After finishing it in one day, I moved onto the fourth one because one of my friends was borrowing it and I had left the third one at home. I also finished that one in one day. Since I don't want to ruin anything for people who have not read the book or seen the movie, I'll just tell you about why I think so many teenage girls are being attracted to the Twilight phenomenon. The obvious reason is: Edward Cullen. In case you didn't know, Edward is a vampire. What draws people to Edward is that they seem to know that it is wrong to love a vampire, you know the saying:the forbidden fruit tastes the sweetest. Another reason is that I think some people long for someone like Edward is because they want someone, outside of their family, to love them as Edward loves Bella, and to protect them at all costs.

2 comments:

Britta said...

I haven't read the books yet, but everyone seems to think that they are good because you can relate to them because vampires aren't scary creatures or such things.

Adrienne H. said...

You should definitely read the books! Thye're really good.
Haha Madeleine, I have your book, and don't worry, I'm really getting into it now so you'll have it back to read soon. And I agree with you with the whole vampire thing. If Edward was an everyday human being, Twilight wouldn't be half as popular.