Sunday, November 23, 2008

O.R 11

I've seen the movie, as so many have, I loved it... But what did others think? I decided to check out some reviews for Twilight. Author for USA TODAY, Claudia Puig, says that Twilight had"questionable casting, wooden acting, laughable dialogue and truly awful makeup". I think I can agree a bit with the laughable diolougue. There were some very..um...interesting quotes. But for the rest I disagree. There was one thing however that I didn't particularly enjoy. The music. Something about it just didn't appeal to me. Funnily enough, Puig didn't mention it. Overall, Claudia thought it was a bad movie. Although I disagree, one part of her review stuck out. She said that "Director Catherine Hardwicke (The Nativity Story) relies heavily on extreme close-ups to make up for her lead actors' lack of emotional range. When the camera isn't trained tightly on their eyes and mouths, it's swirling around them.". I began to think about that and I seem to remember alot of close ups, or if not, crazed twirling. If anyone is thinking of going, GO! And come up with your own opinion.

No comments: