Wednesday, March 4, 2009

7.Change


Yesterday, I was babysitting a little girl, and for her bedtime story, I read her Peter Pan. Most know the story, so I won't tell it. However, there was one thing that really stuck with me. That second star to the right, Neverland, where nobody ever grows up. Sometimes I think it would be the best if I never had to grow, but the truth is, growing up is part of living. Change can be extremely hard, but it needs to happen at some point in our lives. Without change, new opportunities would be non-existant. In the book, Peter asks Wendy if she could stay in Neverland forever. She says no. I think that, as tempting as it was to have the chance to never grow up, she made the right choice. Wendy knew that things could not stay exactly the same forever. They would have to change.

No comments: