Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Week 2

Ok, I know I've already written about a TV show but... it's one of the things that I really like. This week, I read an article about Dr. House... No, not the one from TV. But he was talking about the Dr. House from TV. Dr. John House specializes in ears and who created and implanted the first FDA-approved cochlear implant. Ever since "House M.D." has come on, John has been worried. It wasn't about House's attitude, it was about his addiction. If you watch House MD, you know that he is addicted to Vicodin. Although Dr. Greg House seems to show no symptoms from his addiction, that doesn't mean that there aren't any. In fact, you can even become deaf. Even though Vicodin temporarily gotten rid of the pain, it starts to kill sensory neural hair cells in the inner ear, which in turn can cause deafness in as little as 6 months. I really enjoyed the article because I really like science and I enjoy watching tv. House is one of my favorites. So it kept me interested.

No comments: