Wednesday, February 4, 2009

1. Natural Disasters

I learned, from a National Geographic article that on December 26, 2004 an enormous tsunami rolled across the Indian Ocean. In just 24 hours, more than 150,000 people were dead or missing. It also left millions of people from 11 different countries without homes. This seriously affected the way that millions of people lived their lives. For me, I would be very distraught with loosing my possesions. Pictures, letters, old projects. Those things help remind me of my history. Without them, it would feel as though a part of me was missing. I can't even begin to imagine what those people felt when they lost their homes, their families and their possesions. It would be interesting if people could go and visit the people that were involved with this terrible disaster, to see how they are now. Or maybe to ask them how the tsunami has affected their day-to-day lives. The hard thing to realize, is that people's lives change dramatically every day due to natural disasters.

No comments: